What is Gamification?
Gamification is adding game mechanics into nongame environments, like a website/apps, online community, learning management system, etc' intranet to increase participation. The goal of gamification is to engage with consumers, employees and partners to inspire collaborate, share and interact.
Let me ask you some questions,
When was the last time you failed to do a task which you were required to do?
Answer can be like 1 day ago or even 1 hour ago. Right?
What do you feel were the reasons for failure of task completion?
Answer can be like Distractions, Lack of Motivation, Procrastination, Less Time or Comfort Zone etc.
Gamification -> Solve to Human Motivation
- Snapchat Streaks - Makes you engage in app everyday by sending snaps
- LinkedIn Profile Strength Bar - Makes you engage and update your profile
- Amazon's Spin the Wheel - Make user engage to play the game
- Dropbox Free Space - Refer your friends to get some free space (GB)
- Duolingo Leaderboard - Similar to streaks and it's ranking leaderboard
Another question you to,
How many of you like playing games?
Of course! Everyone loves to play games. It's not age restricted.
Game is very very integral part of a life. We grown playing games. It's a craft of deriving all the fun and engaging elements found in games and applying them to real world or productive activities.
We gonna look into two types of Focused Design, they are Functional Focused Design and Human Focused Design
Function Focused Design
- Getting a job done by how fast they can complete the job.
- Underlying Assumption: Human will do a job because they're required to do.
- Optimized for efficiency
Human Focused Design
- Designed for human motivation
- Underlying Assumption: Human have feelings insecurities and reasons about why they want or don't want to do a certain thing.
- Optimized for for feelings, motivations and engagement.
Thanks for reading. Major gamification concept with 8 Core Drives Blog is here. Have a look on it. Thanks Again.